Saturday, December 3, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

We put up Christmas stuff the day after Thanksgiving. The boys are obsessed! They spend most of the day by the tree. I put a bunch of ornaments on the tree and promptly took down after a few were almost broken by helping little hands. It looks a bit bare but that's the bonus of colored lights right?!?

My mom always had lots of Christmas advents growing up. My favorite was an old wooden soda box that we put little Christmas things in to countdown to Christmas. This is our first year using one almost exactly like the one I grew up with. My mom had lots of darling things to put inside. (I need to build up my stash of darling things.) Sterling Henry is loving it!

We made candy houses on December 1st with our joy school friends. We hot glued the grahams together first which is something I highly recommend.

I made a new Christmas wreath for the holidays. Thank you pinterest. You have changed my life for the better!

New hats for the boys because baby, it's cold outside! I also found this quick easy pattern on pinterest. And the stocking are up. Still my favorite thing I've made.

Last night I took all three boys to the mall by myself to do some returning/shopping. Sort of crazy. Sort of awesome. I love this time of year!


4 comments:

Brandi said...

AWESOME!

I love the stocking. I want the soda box advent. . BAD! Where do I find a find like that? We can't wait to see you soon. Yahoo!

Ashley said...

All three boys to the mall! I am impressed! I love all of your holiday decorations, especially the stockings.

Austin and Abrielle said...

It looks SO awesome... and would you be offended if I totally stole your advent idea?

The Pixton Family said...

Still love your stockings!