Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day 2012

We had the best Father's Day weekend this year. We started the celebration early on Saturday this year. Sterling got a new smoker for Father's Day and so it was only fitting that we used it that weekend.

Smoking is a serious activity. It's an all day affair and completely worth every minute of it. Sterling got things going early in the morning with the boys while I was at the temple. The rest of the day was spent doing this. The air smelled amazing. I'm sure our whole block could smell it.

The boys were beyond obsessed. They call the main grill part, "Dad's bbq". The smaller smoker box is the "boy's bbq".

I sat in a chair by the pool and watched the boys do this most of the day. The weather was perfect for grilling and swimming. Gouverneur loved it!

The boys loved being part of the whole process. Here's Little Man spraying it with apple juice. Sterling is clearly pleased that they boys are loving it.

We (it was a family affair) smoked a pork shoulder for our first attempt.

The moment of truth... AMAZING.

Here I am with the finished product. This was by far the best bbq I've ever had. It was so delicious and fresh tasting. Sterling did a great job! It's like he was born to do this sort of thing. Here's my 22 week belly. Comparable to my 32 belly with the other boys. Oh well!

Father's Day dinner. Pulled Pork sandwiches, coleslaw, corn cakes, grilled zucchini, and brownies and ice cream. The pulled pork made the meal.

The boys afterwards giving dad his Father's Day trophies that they made. This was the funnest activities to do with kids and dad loved them.

This last picture is priceless.
It's no secret around here that my boys are serious daddy's boys. I use to feel sort of jealous about it but now I wouldn't have it any other way! It's how it should be. They have an amazing dad to look up and they love him. I hope they all grown up to be just like him.

I love my boy world!

1 comments:

Matt and Ness said...

I love the last picture. So many boys! What fun.