Thursday, June 14, 2012

St. Augustine Alligator Farm

Let me just start by saying that the St. Augustine Alligator Farm was about one of the coolest things we've ever done. Our boys our obsessed with gators and crocs so this was a dream come true. We'd looked this place up before our trip and were looking forward to going to it, but had no idea how cool it was really going to be.

The first thing we saw when we walked in was an albino alligator. Who knew??? Apparently they are really rare and don't have much of a shot in the wild because they have no camouflage and since they are white, can get sunburned. We saw two of these babies. They look completely fake. I sort of thought they were till they moved. Amazing.
They had a huge enclosed area with lots of gators in it. Dellin's face in this picture is priceless.

We were there for feeding time. If you ask me, this guy is nuts. Look how big that gator is.

And that one too.

The boys could not take their eyes off the gators during feeding time.

Dad and his boys. Not sure why this picture is slanted... Maybe because it was a sweltering jungle of heat and I could barely stand up by this point. Cute picture of the boys either way. This walkway was really cool. It had tons of gators in the water below and tons of exotic birds in the trees above.

Feeding the gators. This was one of the coolest parts of the park. A quarter bought a huge handful of gator food. The boys loved feeding them.

They also had a huge snake collection. Yucko if you ask me, but the boys loved it. These are the times when I have to pretend like I like things like snakes.

They had a huge Komodo Dragon. Here is cousin Ezra and Little Man. This Komodo Dragon walked back and forth in front of us licking his chops.

They had tons of exotic birds. I've never been really into birds before but I thought these were pretty awesome.

The boys on a fake gator. I love this picture of the boys. They look so tiny and yet so big at the same time.

This picture is classic. Not sure if Sterling Henry is helping to open or close the mouth. Dellin looks worried either way.

All the cousins minus Eric and Marci's kids. Gouverneur was crying his eyes out by this point.

One last picture of dad and his boys. I love my boys. These boys are pretty lucky to have such a cool dad.
If you are anywhere in the area, you have to visit the St. Augustine Alligator Farm. This place exceeded our expectations in every way. The boys loved it and so did we!

1 comments:

Jen Pixton said...

So great- I love the one with Dellin's head in the gator!