Monday, August 20, 2012

WE LOVE CHARTS

We have found that our boys respond really well to incentives. We usually have some sort of a chart going at our house. It all started when we were potty training Little Man and we realized the power of charts.

In the spring the boys really wanted baseball gloves. I made up this chart for Little Man and Dellin was part of it too. He help Little Man with all his jobs and helped me decide if he was a nice brother that day. At first I thought the chart might be a bit too much, but it was perfect. It took them about a month to get all their stickers.


While my mom was here, we found some brand new baseball gloves at my favorite thrift store that were brand new for 2 bucks a piece. Here is the unveiling of the long awaited gloves.

Here is dad and the boys with their gloves. We have played lots of baseball in the backyard with these this summer.

Recently the boys just finished up these charts. Sterling Henry's is a "staying dry" chart. Dellin's is a "no eye poking" chart. The boys both needed to work on these things.

They got their last stickers the day we got back from McCall. They both wanted a Grave Digger Monster truck. I mean don't all boys?!? Little Man had his heart set on a remote control one and Dellin just wanted one. The week before we left to McCall I scored the exact ones they wanted at Target marked down 70% off. I must be living right because the remote control one was originally 35 dollars and I got it for 10.

Here the boys are with their LONG awaited monster trucks. They just woke up and this is seriously the best picture we could get.
Yay for charts. Yay for incentives. And yay for darling boys who make life so much fun!

1 comments:

Matt and Ness said...

Nice! I'll give this a try with Tom! Those two are such cute little buddies.