It's taken a bit of work to get this post up. For some reason, we've been really crazy busy around here. It might have something to do with preparing for Sandy/Frankenstorm and then our internet and power being out. Now it's on and here is the story of our little Israel.
My original due date was October 29th. I have never gone into labor with the other boys so I definitely didn't plan on it this time. I have been induced each time and had an induction set for the morning of the 29th.
On Sunday, the 21st, we went to bed as usual. I had a crazy feeling that maybe I was going to go into labor. Not because I was having contractions, but I just sort of felt it. Sure enough, I woke up just before 3am to my water breaking. I wasn't quite sure if that is what was happening but after a call to my doctor and me waking up a bit more, we decided to head over to the hospital. My neighbor came over to sit with the boys and off we went.
We luckily snapped this picture as we were walking out the door. I have steered clear of the camera for months so this is the real deal. 39 weeks pregnant. Check out that belly! I think I look pretty calm for going into to labor for the first time.
We got to the hospital and checked in and sure enough, things had started. I was at a 2 which is sort of a big deal for me. Sterling and I both couldn't believe that it was really happening.
After my epidural not working with Gouverneur that was my next priority. After I got my epidural I was able to relax. At 8am my doctor came in and hooked me up to some petocin to get the baby moving. By 11am, I was only at a 5 but I could tell my body was ready to have this baby. The contractions got pretty intense after that and I was super nauseous. At about noon, I told the nurse that I was ready to push. She went and called the doctor and after what seemed like forever, my doctor walked in casually eating an apple. I told her that this baby was ready to come and I needed to push. She ditched the apple and got ready to deliver this baby. After three very short pushes, our darling little boy popped out.
I'm always amazed at how fast things can happen. One minute, I was going to bed, and 12 hours later, my baby was born.
Israel David Fillmore
8 lbs. 12 oz.
21 1/2 inches
Born at: 12:38pm
He screamed from the minute he was born. We've never had a baby cry so much. He is our biggest baby, outweighing Sterling Henry by two ounces.
He settled down a bit when they wrapped him up.
This staff was an all female team and it was a lot of fun. The anesthesiologist was a woman, my two doctors on call were women, and all the nurses of course were women. Dr. Lashgari, on the left, was the one that delivered me.
Sterling left pretty soon after to go check up on the boys. My bff Sarah was watching the boys for us. (Thanks Sarah!) Sterling got the boys and brought them in later that night to meet Israel. These pictures are just darling. The boys really have been very excited to meet the "new" baby for quite sometime. Even Gouverneur seemed to like him.
Our new not so little family of six. I feel like one lucky momma to be surrounded by so many darling boys.
Sterling is such a proud, cute, daddy.
Here is the sweet little lamb right after his first bath in the hospital. He was super alert and calm for the first time that day.
Sterling spent the next day with the boys while I got to spend a lot of time by myself with Israel. I love the quiet one-on-one time that you get in the hospital. I'm usually quite anxious to get out of there, but this time it was very enjoyable. I just sat and snuggled this cherub all day long.
Sterling brought the boys in on Wednesday to bring me and the baby home. I was so happy to see my boys. I missed them so much! They were excited to see me and to bring the new baby home.
Sterling always dresses the new baby to take him home. This time I hadn't bought a coming home outfit so Sterling took the boys to the store and they picked one out. He did a great job.
I am in love with these pictures of the boys watching dad change the new baby.
Israel is so lucky to have three big brothers to look up to.
Here we are in the car already to go home. We moved Gouverneur over and put the baby's seat in. I love this view of my two babies.
We always take a picture of Sterling with the new baby in front of our house. This daddy brings home the bacon and the babies.
The boys were happy to have him home as well. I still can't believe we have four boys. What a dream!
Grandma Hawkins flew in later that day to come take care of us. She will be here for a month and something tells me that we are going to need her.
All in all I would say that Israel's delivery was perfect. It was really fun to have my water break and go into labor. It was fun that it happened in the middle of the night. I love that my epidural worked perfectly. And most importantly, he arrived safely. We spend all our time at home with grandma, snuggling our darling new baby. I'm not sure when we'll leave the house again, but that's fine with me. We love you Israel and are so happy that you are in our family!

8 comments:
It looks like your house is probably as crazy as mine! I remember we had the same due date for our first kids, and my youngest is a month old right now. I love seeing the updates on your cute family. Congrats!
So so darling! Your boys are too cute. I can't believe how big Governeur is already! You will have your hands full, my friend; full of precious boy blessings:)
Congrats on your new bundle of joy. All the boys are adorable. I had four girls first Then God Blessed me with a SON .... AND NOW IM DUE NEXT MONTH WITH BABY NO.6 AND THANKS GOD IT'S ANOTHER BOY. It's a rap for me having a big family it's a beautiful thing. God Bless your family. Enjoy sniffing him all up i just love their smell. (Smiles)
I love birth stories and this one is fantastic! So glad everything went well and that you are all settling in together as a family of SIX!
congratulations!! he is such a dream! the pic of the boys watching him be changed in the hospital has my heart swooning. what a beautiful family you have!!
Love this post! Can't wait to meet this little guy!
I just love that name, and it is so fun having four boys! I am so happy you had him early and not on your due date. You might have had to have him by candle light! Oh gosh! Can't wait to meet him!
Congratulations!! He is an absolute doll! So happy for you and your adorable little family!! Love you Jess!!
Post a Comment