Valentines Day has become one of my favorite holidays. I started a few new traditions this year that the boys just love. I stole this mailbox idea from my friend Blythe. I got these at Target. I put them out on Feb. 1st. with a little treat inside. Each day they got something small like a chocolate, fruit snack, or small toy. Every morning they ran out to see if the flag was up.
I made a few new heart garlands and some bunting.
Sterling Henry was so excited to take valentines to his preschool. They had their party on the 13th. Dellin got to take a few valentines around to some friends. Gouverneur just wanted to show off his legs.
We did a scavenger hunt on the morning of Valentines for the boys to get their last surprise. The first clue was in their mailboxes.
Next they headed to dad's drawer...
And then off to look in Gouv's bear boot..
Then to the spoon drawer...
Which led them to find their gifts under Israel's bed.
The whole thing was fun to prep for and even more fun to watch. The boys loved running from place to place. They big boys each got a Imagenext airplane and pilot. Gouverneur got this darling doggy that he immediately started snuggling with. Hopefully dad doesn't kill me for putting this picture up, but Gouv's face is priceless.
We were lucky to have Grandma Hawkins with us for Valentines Day this year. We had a special breakfast with crepes, strawberries, and pink milk.
Valentines was a complete success! Sterling flew out that night to go on a trip with his high school pals. My sister Jen, and my niece Eliza flew in that night for a fun girl's weekend.
0 comments:
Post a Comment