Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July!!!

We had the best 4th of July ever! We went up to Gettysburg, where they were having the 145th anniversary of the battle at Gettysburg. It was the best thing ever! Sterling really wanted to go last year and we weren't able too, so this year we went for it. It was the funnest day we've had in a long time!!!!
We sat in a huge grand-stand to watch down on this field. It was amazing how many people participated in the battle! There were thousands of people who were involved in the reenactment.
There were sooo many people there! Wes and Ann went up with us to enjoy the day.
Of course I needed kettle corn! The small bag was obviously not going to be enough so I went with the large bag.
Enjoying the battle!
Some of the soldiers, these guys really are passionate about what they do!
This battle was hardcore!

Did I mention it was raining most of the day? Sterling found us these awesome ponchos to wear. I loved the rain! I was so nervous that it was going to be hot and miserable, luckily it was cool most of the day.

The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays and this year was just such a blast to be at Gettysburg! We missed being with family, but this was probably the next best thing!!

10 comments:

It's Been a Day! said...

what a great 4th! It was so nice of sterling to let the popcorn guy wear his hat. I just hope you guys got it back! And a 4th of July without a large bag of kettle korn is not a 4th that i want to remember.

Josh and Lar said...

Fun! That sounds soo awesome. What a great perk of living back east! I can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!!

Hema and Becky said...

Sounds like you had a great time! Hopefully we can make it out for the 150th anniversary and watch Sterling and little Sterling help reinact the battle! You guys do some of the coolest stuff. Your belly is looking great! I can't wait to see it in person in a few weeks!

Lacy said...

Sounds fun! So are you going to be back out here anytime soon so we can give you a baby shower?!! Let me know.

clarke fam said...

Why can I totally see Sterling signing up to be in the battle next year... I can't wait to see you!!!

Kristen Tucker said...

WOW! I stumbled onto your blog through Jen Downy's. Congrats on the baby on the way! You look great! What are you up to these days?

-Kristen Tucker

The Pixton Family said...

Looks like fun! Your belly is so cute!

Ash said...

Sweet home alabama. Mrs. Reece. You are darling Jess. That would be so neat to see all of that.

Dave and Mel said...

This looks awesome and so something Sterling would love!! You look great and we can't wait to meet baby Sterling- he will be a champ.
P.S. - I'm glad you like the popcorn, it's addicting!

Ashlee said...

We love Gettysburg! How AWESOME you guys got to be there for the 4th! Love the kettle corn. Mmmm...