I am not even sure where the time has gone. When I first found out I was pregnant, I was pretty much counting the seconds, wishing they could somehow go by faster. Now, months fly by at a time, and I am already in my third trimester. Baby Sterling(what I like to call him at times), is going to be here in three months! Do I have a crib?..NO! clothes? diapers? car seat? wipes? stroller? anything?...NO!
Let me explain myself before anyone thinks that I am not over-the-moon excited about this baby. I was so nervous the first 20 weeks that everything was going to be ok, that I wouldn't even allow myself to buy a thing. Then, the last 7 weeks or so have been so enjoyable, just feeling him to karate everyday, that the time somehow has just flown by! I love feeling him alive inside me!
NOW, it is time to prepare! I feel like there is so much to do and I have so little time to do it. I will say in my defense, I have made him a few quilts, Sterling did by him some camo outfits, family has sent and given us things, so he isn't THAT bad off.
So really, how much more does he really need??? Besides a crib, stroller, car seat, diapers, wipes, clothes, bath equipment, and a few other minor things?!?!
(We won't even discuss the whole birthing process.....yikes!!!)
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Just three months....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
i dont think i had any of that stuff when tyson was born!! you are light years ahead of where i was. i'm so excited for you. You are going to be a great mom. The last trimester cruises by and it's exciting and scary all at the same time.
Yay for the third trimester! I was so excited when I had made it that far! Time will continue to fly by, but you still have plenty of time to get the rest of the things you need! We can't wait to meet baby Sterling!
You're going to be a mommy! The most important thing he needs and already has is you and Sterling! All the rest somehow comes-you wont be able to stop yourself from spending way too much money on the little guy! :)
I did the exact same thing! And... we were moving 1/2 way through the pregnancy so we really didn't want to buy anything that we would have to lug with us in the move. Don't fret. Everything will work out how it's supposed to. I can't wait for you to be a mom!! You are going to be absolutely fantastic!!
I don't think anyone in their right mind doubts that you have always been excited about this baby! I for one cannot WAIT to meet him!!
If it helps at all, I didn't have any of that stuff either until literally weeks before Theo was born. With baby stuff, I kind of felt like how I did with my wedding registry--I didn't really know exactly what I needed or wanted until the time came to use it.
The #1 thing you need is a car seat; diapers and wipes are a close second (I like Costco for those); you will get clothes as gifts; and everything else you can buy as you need. The baby is pretty much a tiny little lump for the first little while and doesn't need a spacious crib yet. You might not even want a stroller yet--why lug a stroller up and down the stairs while he is still so tiny and can be easily carried rather than strolled? And you have to love baths in the sink!
Then again I can be somewhat of a minimalist in that area...that is, until I go to the store and realize how much cute stuff there is to be bought. My big weaknesses are clothes and, once the baby got older, toys.
This pregnancy I have been more consumed with things like organizing the pantry...getting rid of our junk...things that have nothing to do with a baby but that I know I won't have energy for once the baby is here! I spent 5 hours cleaning today. I am in full-on nesting mode and still 3 months to go!
We're excited to see you this weekend, hope it works out!
By the way, I am interested in what you guys decide to do about a crib/cradle/whatever. I have no idea what I'm going to do. There are way too many options and I am honestly ready just to use a laundry basket.
that's the scariest thing about getting pregnant, there is no turning back. you have to give birth!
that gets a double yikes from me!
So fun! I can't wait to see what he looks like! Good luck!
So excited for you!! Let me just tell you that buying baby stuff is the funnest thing ever. So once you start you are going to go crazy!! I am so excited for "little Sterling" to arrive.
Are you kidding. No one is ever totally prepared. Now you may need a car seat, diapers and wipes but you could get by for a little while without the rest. We all know you have that boy onesie so he has something to wear. :) I'm so excited for you!
Now for the birthing thing. I'll tell you what I would rather give birth five times then have to deal with the whole first trimester. Just get an epideral and then its not too bad. You will do great either way.
Jess you will do great. Just get a few things at time and it won't be so overwhelming. You will collect a lot of things from your fam. How can we do you a shower. If you have one back there we can send gifts. Will you come out here to have one. I can't believe you only have 3 months left. Doesn't it seem like it was just yesterday. Crazy. I am so excited for you.
Post a Comment