I know I always say this but we had the best weekend. Conference weekend is always amazing but this one was especially great. It started out a little rocky on Saturday morning with me having the stomach flu. I don't think I have ever been that sick before. Luckily Sterling was home and took care of the boys ALL DAY LONG. I felt better just before bedtime.
We made up for it on Sunday. We went on a long walk around Arlington Cemetery in the morning before conference started.
One of the many tulip trees in bloom at the cemetery.
We watched both sessions and then headed downtown in the evening to the cherry blossom festival to walk around. In the 5 years I have been here, I don't think they have ever looked with beautiful. Every single trees was completely covered with blossoms. The air smelled delicious!
We walked around the entire tidal basin. The boys were completely entertained by water, ducks, popcorn trees and lots of food.Sterling and I were completely entertained by the same things plus all the dang sweet photo shoots going on. I have never seen so many girls dressed up and posing in the most unnatural poses. I wish we snapped some shots of them but you will just have to imagine how awesome they were.
Look at these trees.
There are blossoms everywhere.
General Conference + Blossom Fest 2011 = BEST WEEKEND EVER!
Monday, April 4, 2011
Blossom Fest 2011
Posted by
Jessica F.
at
9:58 AM
Labels: DC Sites, Family Activities, General Conference
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
The best weekend ever is going to to be next weekend. Party On! Just kidding. We go to bed early, we need our beauty sleep. Counting down the days!
Okay, it's settled... we're coming to live by you guys!
P.S. You are the cutest little family ever!
I love how it was still the best weekend ever despite the fact that you were sicker than you have ever been. :D Hooray for embracing the positive!!
The blossoms look amazing!
these pictures make me so sad that we never made it to DC for this in 7 years of living on the East Coast-- lame! I can't believe how beautiful the trees are and love your pictures! you guys are so darling and Zanna and James were just talking about little Sterling today- miss you guys!
Post a Comment