Friday, April 1, 2011

Belts, Binkys, and Babies

Sterling Henry is quite obsessed with belts as of late. It might have something to do with the fact that his dad has ordered 8 in the last 3 weeks. (Hey, a man needs a hobby). I'm not sure why Sterling Henry doesn't have a belt of his own yet, but that is on the schedule for this weekend. Find Little Man a belt!


I have been doing some necessary shopping for the new baby. While looking for new binkys, I realized that unless something changes, we are going to have 3 kids with binkys. Obviously I realize that is absolutely ridiculous. So all day yesterday I told Sterling Henry how he was a big boy now and big boys don't need binkys. I hid all his binkys and cut the top off one and showed it to him. I told him that the binky "broke". It totally worked! He went to bed with no fuss, and is napping right now as I type with no binky. I am crossing my fingers that this continues to be a smooth transition. I have mixed emotions about Little Man being a big boy.

My SIL Rachel sent the boys these cute shark shirts. She even sent one for baby #3. The boys actually LOVE the shirts but were a bit annoyed to be in this picture with me for some reason. I don't know how often I will have all three in the same outfits but it's really fun to think about 3 matching boys.
We are looking forward to conference weekend and lots of relaxing.

3 comments:

Ann said...

The shark shirts are super cute. Here's to hoping that there will be no issues with binky in the future! Way to go Sterling!

Zach and Codi said...

Look how cute you all are!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that all continues to go well with the binky situation!

Ash said...

Too Darling Jess. Love that you put the third shirt on your cute belly. Fits perfectly. What a good boy to say goodbye to the binki. I remember those days. I still have both the boys binkies cut off and saved. Oh those cherry blossoms are gorgeous Jess. What a wonderful time to be living back East for this time of the year. I love ya lady. Wish you the best of luck and know I am here if you need to have one of those boys come to Dallas to stay with Aunt Ash. Love you.