Monday, June 13, 2011

STAY FOREVER PLEASE.

We were lucky enough to have my mom out here for 21 days. She left on Saturday and I might have cried... A LOT! She is such an amazing mom and a fabulous grandma. My boys absolutely adore her. She spent her days here doing dishes, cooking, reading to the boys, keeping me sane, and changing more diapers than any visitor should ever have to. She made the whole recovery so easy. I pretty much just sat around and nursed Gouverneur. We are missing her like crazy right now but realize that she can't stay forever.


Mom holding the menu for me so that I could order some food after Gouverneur was born.



Thanks momma.

4 comments:

Eliza said...

When my mom left after my babies were born, I cried too.

This time she is also staying with us for 3 weeks (in the past it has been 1 week) and I think I will probably get so attached I won't know what to do with myself when she leaves!

Zach and Codi said...

What a great momma!! Reading this makes me so anxious for my parents to get here already!! So glad you were able to have your mom with you as long as you did.

Natalie said...

I'm so glad your mom was able to be there for you. I know I'm going to cry when my mom leaves and I don't even have a newborn!

Jen said...

Jess he is precious! I feel the same way when my mom leaves. Coming to Utah anytime soon? =)