Friday, June 14, 2013

THERE'S A NEW BIG BOY IN TOWN.

Dellin is officially potty trained and we are all happy about it. I tried to potty train him after his third birthday back in January, but he was not ready. Or maybe I wasn't ready, but either way, it didn't happen. Occasionally we'd ask him when he wanted to start wearing big boy underwear and he'd respond with, "maybe when I get baptized!" So I sort of pushed the whole thing out of my mind and figured we'd deal with it after summer.
Then on Monday morning, I looked at the week and we had NOTHING at all on the calender, except rain. So I asked Dellin if he wanted to put on big boy underwear and go potty and he said, "yes". He already had a stash of cute undies from back in January, so we pulled them out and started potty training.

He spent most of the week in his undies with a shirt on. He was rewarded with M&Ms and suckers for each time he successfully went. Sterling Henry and Gouverneur were rewarded too, so they were cheering him on just as much as I was. We didn't go outside too much since undies aren't exactly modest. But, wh did sneak out one morning with dad and I snapped this picture. Pretty cute.

We started filling up his Big Boy Chart on Tuesday morning and he did even better after that. He put on his last sticker last night, and we headed to Target this morning. He picked out a Jake and The Neverland spyglass set.

The whole week has gone much smoother than I'd anticipated. I love watching the confidence that comes with being potty trained. It's pretty darn cute.
My favorite line of the whole week was on Monday (Day 1) after he'd gone a few times. I told him that he was an official big boy now. He responded by saying, "now I can do all the thing that Sterling Henry can do, like summersaults...and..." I'm not sure what else came after that because I was laughing at how darling he is that he just wanted to be like his older brother and do summersaults. I love these boy so much! Way to go Dellin!

0 comments: