...Since I have been married, I have served in the primary and nursery. I love the primary and especially have loved my calling in our ward out here. I have been teaching the valiant 11 class which is awesome.
Probably the hardest thing for me right now is that I have a lot of time on my hands. I have been sort of down lately and looking for ways to serve more. I tried going out with the sister missionaries more and that helped a little but I still felt like I needed something else...and then it came..I got called into young women. I am so excited! I served in young women when I first got home from my mission and loved it. This calling is such an answer to prayer for me. I get to serve with fabulous women and work with the girls, which is always a blast! I will miss my primary class but look forward to a calling that gives me a lot to do during the week...
Sunday, December 9, 2007
An answer to prayer...
Posted by
Jessica F.
at
8:04 AM
Labels: My Religion
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
Jessica, that is so funny that you want a calling where you can do more during the week. I am so busy during the week that all I want is a calling where I don't have to do anything during the week. Sadly, the Lord didn't answer that prayer for me :). I know I am where He wants me though, so I guess that is important.
Well you are definitely right that YW takes a lot of time! It can be so rewarding though even when you are crunched for time.
I am so happy for you. Nothing like an answer to prayer (not to mention an opportunity to serve) to lift your spirits.
So lets be honest, I kind of got a little choked up when I read this because those girls are ssssooo lucky to have you as their leader.
Jessica, I have just been called to be the Beehive advisor after having been the Valiant 11 girls teacher (BK teaches that class, too). Everyone I have talked to has offered their condolences because it is so involved and time consuming calling. But, after teaching part time in Primary and not feeling like I do enough, it is an answer to my prayers also to have a calling like this. I have never been in YW so I feel completely new to all of it, but I'm excited. Thanks for being enthusiastic and sharing it with all of us, I needed to hear that.
Jess - that is awesome. I love serving in YW, even though it is a busy calling. I'm in need of a new advisor in my ward - I would LOVE to have you come teach my girls. Do you think you could move to Texas? You'll be amazing!
You will do such a great job! I was teaching valiant 11 also before I was called as YW president. Time consuming? Yes. Rewarding? Double yes.
Jess, you are the best! You are always such a good example for me. It makes me sad to hear that you've been a little down. Can't wait to see you soon, we will have s much fun.
The girls in our ward are so lucky to have you as one of their leaders. You will be busy, but there is no doubt you will do a fantastic job!
I am so excited for you,I remember how much you loved young womens after your mission. Will there be a personally hygiene / don't were your pj's to class activity.
I will fly out for it.
yeah ok so now we have even more to talk about. you will love the YW program, and just you wait the YW tell you the funniest things ever...you will love your calling i know i have...you will be the best example ever to them, i know you are to me.......congrats
That's exciting. You'll be an awesome young women's leader. Those girls are lucky! p.s. I can't wait to see you in a week or so!
Like I said Sterling is so lucky to be married to you and now the YW get a little bit of your sweet personality. They will love you almost as much as we do! Can't wait to see you in a few days. My kids can't wait to see you. We are counting down the days! Love ya, See ya! Your the best.
Jessica! I love that all four of us sisters are serving in the YW right now! I've been in for over 4 years now and still love the girls! It is such a great opportunity to look at your life and make sure you are setting the best example you can. You will be the best! I can't wait to see you and have you meet Vela!!!!!!!!!!! Little Hema keeps asking when aunt Jess is coming to see his baby!
Jess you will absolutely love the Young Womens. I just got released from being in there for 3 years. I miss it a ton. Enjoy every minute of it. Those Young Women will become a huge part of your life. You will have a tremendous influence in there lives, and it's neat because they will touch your life as well. I am so happy for you. Can't wait to see you!
Jessica...I am so excited to catch up with you! Isn't the blog world awesome. We miss you tons too! I saw your brother at Harmons the other day and have been wondering how you've been doing. Now I can know :D. When you come home next time, I would love to see you. And you are going to be wonderful in YW-those girls will lift your spirits. And yes, you have thanked me-you were an amazing young woman and still are. I am serving in the cub scouts as a den leader and you've probably heard, Bob is the bishop! (YIKES) Talk to you soon (via blogger comment :D)
Love, Jill
Post a Comment