Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!!!!

I just got back from visiting my sister Jen in California. She has just finished her first round of chemo and all in all is doing really well. Jen is the most optimistic person of all times. When I got there my mom was still there so I got to see her. My brother Jake was there on Friday night too!My mom left Monday morning and Jen was sad to see her go. She had been out there for a month and pretty much ran the household. I got worn out just trying to keep up with half the stuff she was doing. This was how Jen felt on one of her bad days...
I had a great time with the kids! I could really get use to a mom routine. I enjoyed helping with breakfast, homework, reading to the kids, playing games, and the other household things.

I got in late last night and was super exhausted! Sterling picked me up from the airport and brought me home to the cleanest house EVER! He had vacuumed the entire house, mopped the floor, dusted, cleaned the bathroom, put clean sheets on the bed, did five loads of wash, and had these beautiful roses and the cutest card waiting for me. I love my husband! He is the best thing ever! I loved being in California helping out my sister but it is nice to be home.
I wish you all a Happy Valentine's Day!

13 comments:

Christa said...

You are such a great sister! I hope Jen is doing well. She is lucky to have you.

The Crazy Clawson's said...

wow what a great person you are and i hope jen is doing good....i will call you later, probably tomorrow....im glad the trip was a success...love you..

It's Been a Day! said...

a very happy valentine's day to you, as well. Glad you got to see your family and help out. I'm sure that was an amazing thing for your sister to have such great support.

sterling did more than I do. I could use a house cleaning like that around here!

Zach and Codi said...

When the time comes... I know you'll be one of the best moms ever! How wonderful that you had the opportunity to help your sister in her time of need, we'll keep her in our prayers. You two take care, and Happy Valentines Day!

becky said...

Jessica! You are the most adorable girl on the entire planet. I'm sorry to hear about your sister, but I'm sure she was SO HAPPY to have your company and help. You are super woman.

We missed you! :)

P.S. Please tell Sterling that Chris needs a tutor in AMAZING HUSBANDING.

Austin and Abrielle said...

FUN! Happy Valetines Day!!
and i do have a cute uncle. :0)
(not as funny as calling Rachel my Aunt but I tried)

Jessica said...

I am so glad you were able to go and help your sister. It looks like you had a good time and that she is feeling better!

shelby said...

Jess that wa so great of you to go and help your sister! I bet the whole family loved it! We will keep her in our prayers!

Lacy said...

I am glad you got to go out there. I am sure the kids loved having you there. You are such a good sister! How cute is Sterling to have everything clean?!!

clarke fam said...

You are so great. Jen loved having you there. sterling is soo awesome and thoughtful.

brittani c. said...

Nothing is better than coming home to a clean home. :) I hope your sister does well. Cancer is horrible, but she has an incredibly supportive family.

AnnDee said...

What a nice Husband - I can't believe sterling even knows how to do laundry or mop the floor. However, I have to admit he was the best cook in our College dinner group -- so I shouldn't be too surprised right? I love your blog. I linked you to mine -- hope thats okay!!

taryn said...

Glad you got to have some family time, but we are also glad to have you back home now too. Way to go, Sterling, coming through for valentine's day! what a guy.