Saturday, April 5, 2008

NOT A GOOD DAY!!!

To start off, I am so completely happy that I am pregnant. There is nothing that I have wanted more in the last two and a half years. Most of the time, it doesn't even bother me that I am sick, or that I throw up, because it reminds me that I am pregnant. The last thing I want to do is sound like I am complaining because I am so very excited to finally be pregnant.
That being said, Thursday was the worst day yet. I was so sick I canceled all my clients and laid on the couch all day and all night with breaks of losing it. By the time my cute hubby came home I was a wreck. All I wanted was a popsicle. Nothing fancy, just a plain, cold, fruity, yummy, popsicle. This is what Sterling came back with....

2 kinds of popsicles, three kinds of ice cream, strawberries, and bananas. What a great selection! He is so wonderful. He has been so patient and understanding through this last few months.
We are both looking forward to me feeling better so we don't have to be on the "survival" diet anymore. I really look forward to cooking again...and enjoying it when it is finished!

20 comments:

jethrojones said...

Staci really hated the first part of being pregnant, but it is amazing how it all disappears when you actually have that cute little baby in your arms. Staci was the first one to say, "We are done having kids" while she was prego, but also the first one to say, "So, when do you want to have another baby?" after both our girls. This part sucks.

Eliza said...

oh no...what a sad look on your face!! i have to say though, it's good for posterity, right? if #1 is ever being snotty you can show him/her the picture and explain how much work you went through just to give him/her a body, vital organs, etc.

so sorry you have been feeling so wretched and i really think your break is coming up soon! :)

also...seriously...i don't know why i didn't think of this earlier but i am going to bring you dinner soon. i actually made dinner tonight. granted it was beans and rice but you have to start somewhere. :)

It's Been a Day! said...

i say - eat what makes you feel good!! what a great husband to get that stuff for you. if you aren't using some of that ice cream, send it my way!

Jill said...

sorry you're not feeling well...but what a thoughtful husband you have to bring you home such a selection. I think Bob would've brought home entirely the wrong thing after he'd called me from the grocery store a dozen times! Oh well, he's thoughtful in other ways I guess. :D

Lacy said...

You look so pitiful!! I am sorry you are so sick (but not really)!!! I remember those days of not being able to move or you would throw up. How nice of Sterling....so thoughtful

shelby said...

yea is all that I can say! It sucks being sick, but you know it is all for the best!

The Downey Family said...

Morning sicness is the worst thing in the world!! It is a good thing that it is so worth it. Sterling is awesome for taking such good care of you. I hope that the sickness passes soon.

Ash said...

Jess I love the selection. Absolutely amazing. What a great husband. This time will pass very soon. You will start to feel great. See you this week!!

taryn said...

That Sterling--what a great guy. But, you are the real trooper here! Hang in there. And, I know you feel bad about not being your normal self around your husband...but just remember, he got you into this mess! (is that a little much for a blog comment? sorry.) love you both!

The Crazy Clawson's said...

welcome to the world of being pregnant, which is so fabulous. but on the other hand. It is really hard some days I totally feel for you...If i was there i would totally clean, cook and do whatever you wanted me to do...im so sorry you are sicky sick....no fun....

becky said...

Boo for icky pregnancy sick days, but YAY for a rockstar husband who knows that a girl needs choices. Can I have a sick day at your house so I can eat some of the chocolate brownie ice cream?

Feel better soon! And in the meantime, put that ice cream to good use and EAT IT! :)

Austin and Abrielle said...

I'm smiling all over. I can't wait to meet the little one. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! How in the heck are you, besides being prego and sick! ;) I am just giggling my butt off right now seeing your cute family! I miss you and love you like crazy...I am so glad to "see" you and to see that you are doing well!!! Stay in touch girl!!!

Zach and Codi said...

HIP HIP HOORAY!! STERLING SAVES THE DAY!!!

Andrea Hatch said...

Jessica!! Congratulations, I didn't know you were pregnant!! That is so sweet (and hilarious) that Sterling brought home all that ice cream!

Anonymous said...

Well, I was talking to my hubby and you aren't very far from me so it looks like I need to plan a weekend to come and play! It would be great to see you!!! Let me know and I am there!!! love ya girl!

brittani c. said...

that is the cutest, sweetest picture!

kate moss said...

how are you? Congrats on the pregnancy. I totally know how you feel. I hate that sick stage, but it is so worth it when you see their cute little face.
I wish Dan would buy me all of that ice cream when I was sick.

camille said...

Jessica so so excited.
Sterling and Jess BEST parents ever.
When are you due?
I am so sorry your sick. Has your doc giving Zofran? I can send you some is that legal?
I love you Camille

The Zeediks said...

Oh jess!! Sterling is amazing! That really was so nice because if he'd have just gotten one, you may've gotten the wrapper off and realized you actually couldn't eat that after all. No medication worked for me, but it's worth a try for sure and I did enjoy the half unisom half B6 because then I at least didn't usually throw up as much throught the night. I started turning a corner around 22 weeks, most people feel better before then and some (Camille) not till later. But it is sooooo worth it as you know. I already want another one. Hope you feel better soon, and bless Sterling for his love and support!