Wednesday, October 20, 2010

COX FARMS

I have been just dying to get out to Cox Farms, and for one reason or another we haven't made it. This year I prioritized and it was all I hoped it would be and more.

We started out going on the hayride. It was the most random and awesome hayride ever. We saw lots of very unexpected thing including, aliens, Disney characters, The Rugrats, elves, dead presidents, Michael Jackson's grave, dinosaurs and a million other things that I cannot remember. The whole thing was very comical.

One of the aliens...


Sterling Henry was completely freaked out and wouldn't leave my lap!

On their website, it said they had slides. I imagined 2 or 3. They probably have about 25 slides, some big and some small. My family will be happy to know that I went on the big one. Having kids has really helped me grow up and overcome some childhood fears...

I want to build a slide like this.

Jessica wins the prize for funnest mom. She went down with all the kids. No wonder Sterling Henry is obsessed with her.

Lots of live animals to look at and touch. Sterling Henry was completely freaked out by the cow (that you could milk if you wanted too), but loved the little calves. He and Matthew sat here for some time...

Tons of wooden trains to climb on. HEAVEN!

You get a free pumpkin with the price of admission. Sterling Henry loves his pumpkin and was very excited to carry it around.

This picture took a lot of work. For some reason getting all 4 boys to smile, hold their pumpkins, and look at the camera was not happening. Sterling Henry fell back right as I shot this one. Action shots are more real anyway!
If you live in the area, I HIGHLY recommend Cox Farms. They have free apples and all the free apple cider that you can drink from a small Dixie cup. We refilled a LOT!

5 comments:

Gel said...

I miss Cox farms. We loved that place and didn't miss it one year while we were there. It was always on our to do list!!! Glad you made it there and had fun!

Jessica said...

So much fun! We were so happy to be there for your first experience....especially on the hayride!

Hema and Becky said...

Wow those slides are amazing! Looks like a lot of fun!

Jen said...

The slides look like those crazy ones in Russia that I NeVeR went on!!! I chose LIFE!!!!! =)

Ash said...

Jess way to go down that slide!! Those scare me too!! I just don't trust those kinds of slides. I am proud of you. What a fun place!! Totally seems like something that would be in Texas too. Sterling Henry is getting so big. Loved the picture of him falling back right as you take the picture, just when you thought you had everyone perfect. So fun Jess.