Tuesday, November 30, 2010

"I wanna watch a show!"

This last weekend was huge for a lot of reasons. Sterling Henry still sleeps in a crib, which I love and hope he will FOREVER! He has never attempted to climb out. On Saturday however, we put him to bed only to see him reappear 45 minutes later. He not only climbed out of his crib, but now can open doors... GREAT! He sat down on the couch and announced, "I wanna watch a show!" You betcha! He had this smile on his face that was priceless.
He still has been going down at nights and still naps but it is a bit alarming to know that he can get out. I knew this day would come. I had just hoped that is would be when he was 7 or 8.

We also got together with good friends who were in town for the weekend. The Wheatleys and the Hatches.

Boy shot.

Girl shot. (I don't feel like a giant around my girlfriends, but whenever I see a picture of us, I realize that I sort of am...)
Great weekend minus the the crib issue.

6 comments:

Zach and Codi said...

You are not a giant, it's just that all of your incredible awesomeness could not have fit into a 5'2" package. You need to be tall so your awesomeness has enough room, especially since it doubles every day.

Matt and Ness said...

HaHA! How can you say no to that little face?
I feel the same way around my little friends. Let's face it--most people are little compared to us. It's great to be large and in charge!

Jessica said...

I can't believe that he is climbing out of his crib! How did we miss that in our conversation today? I hope it is just a one time thing. Our lives have never been the same since the toddler bed....:)

Buckland Family said...

Is he not the cutest little thing ever? That smile is to die for. I hope he got what he wanted because I know I wouldn't have been able to say no.

Eliza said...

Maybe it was a fluke...when Theo was around that age he tried to climb out of the crib and fell out. It scared him so much he never tried again. Hope it's the same for Sterling. :)

Ida recently learned how to open doors too. That was a lovely week of sleeplessness.

The Pixton Family said...

Start tying him into the crib. That's what monm and dad used to do!