Sunday, August 31, 2008

NOT SURE WHO IS NESTING MORE?!?!

Sterling and I did some serious nesting this weekend and got so much done. I am not sure who is nesting more, me or Sterling.

Here is Sterling with the HUGE box that our crib came in. He was really excited to set it up and surprised me when I got home with it being all put together.

Just making sure it is sturdy!!

Here is the finished project! Sterling is trying to convince me that the horns should stay...right! Those will not be off the wall by the time the baby gets here. Abe will be moved as well. I have other plans for the walls, since we can't paint. I will post those as they get done!

This is our cute dresser that we picked up from Ikea. It is actually quite large in real life. Very tall so we don't have to bend over, since it will be our changing table as well. It was exactly what we were looking for since we have limited space in this room.
If you look closely you can see my swollen feet!

We are getting more and more ready each day for the baby to get here. It actually is starting to feel quite real with the nursery(Sterling likes to call it the "boys room") almost finished!

17 comments:

Hema and Becky said...

Cute, Cute, Cute!!! I love the crib and the dresser is cute too! The blankets from the grandmas look darling too! I can't wait to see little Sterling in the crib!!

kat reynolds said...

I'm so excited for you Jess! How could you think of getting rid of the horns? They look great above the crib! j/k

Hester said...

I personally think you should leave the horns, it adds a certain personality : )

Eliza said...

I was just going to say--your ankles look great!!

Maybe Sterling can have a good influence on Matt. I have been majorly nesting for about 2 months now but I don't think Matt is quite as excited. Maybe because my nesting projects involve less exciting things, like finishing our 72-hour kits, updating the food storage, selling our futon...it's still nesting!!

Yeah, the horns have to go...I mean not that I have anything against them as an item of decor but would you really want those hanging right over a sleeping baby? What if they fell off? Yikes.

Eliza said...

(hi hester!)

clarke fam said...

I am so excited for you guys!! All of it is so new and fun. I can not wait for him to get here. You look darling by the way.

M. Keith said...

You can only move the horns if you put them on the front of your car. I think that is a fair compromise.

Christa said...

I can't wait for your little guy to get here! We are having so much fun with our little guy. Any names picked out? Good luck with everything!

It's Been a Day! said...

i think it looks great. I vote to keep the horns! Sharp objects near a sleeping baby is a smart idea!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT! I am so excited for you...the room is darling! And I can't believe how BIG your belly is!!! ;) You look great...glowing!

taryn said...

love, love, LOVE! I love that your nursery is more done than mine and my baby is six months old. ha! oopsies.

becky said...

DARLING! You and Sterling and Baby Sterling are adorable. I love the nursery AND the ankles. :)

Josh and Lar said...

So fun! I absolutely love the crib and the dresser! Just a month to go!

Jen said...

LOVE the crib!!!! I can't wait to see a smooshie inside of it =).

Zach and Codi said...

If it makes you feel any better... Xander has had Jaws posters and memorabilia over his crib almost his whole life. If the kid doesn't grow up with either an obsession of sharks like his dad, or an absolute fear of them I will be surprised.

Kenz said...

Cute crib! I'm getting excited for you...you're getting closer! Hopefully the weather will be cooling down a little for you here at the end, which will be nice.

Love the horns....

The Pixton Family said...

SO cute- I love the crib and dresser! The horns need to come down before they impale baby Sterling!