Tuesday, September 2, 2008

LABOR DAY not labor day!

We had such a nice Labor Day this year! I always have to work Monday holidays (but not for much longer), and this year was no different. I had to go in at 1pm so we decided to get up early and go to the National Arboretum.

We walked the whole perimeter and only checked our a couple of the areas. We were there for about 2 hours and I got quite the workout! It is right in the middle on DC and when you are in there walking around you can't hear a thing, you have no idea you are right in the middle of the city...it is awesome!

One of my favorite areas was the bonsai of course. How cute are miniature trees? I could not get enough of them! I want a bonsai tree...that is going to be my new hobby for sure!

This one was not even a foot tall and it has been "in training" for 32 years!

This one looks like someone shrunk a small area from the woods....so dang cute!

Not the most flattering picture of me but the pond was so beautiful...look at those lily pads! I think I am going to need something like this is my backyard someday!
Sterling of course loved it as well, he was in heaven! It is always fun to go see something we haven't seen before. I highly recommend the National Arboretum if you have the chance!

12 comments:

hanner said...

I love the arboretum... I've only seen it in the winter when the pond is all dried up, but the pillars are pretty cool all alone in the snow!

Hema and Becky said...

Wow that looks cool! you look so cute! I love your belly! I can't believe little Sterling will be here in just 4 weeks! Yeah!!!

Sarah said...

Hey Jessica!

It was fun to see you left a comment! You are such a cute girl pregnant! I was reading your "fred" post and I have to say, my ankles and feet are so swollen at the tail end that I can't wear shoes! It's nuts what prgnancy does to your body, but soooo worth the sacrifice! Looks like you are ready for the little guy to arrive, GOOD LUCK!:)

Zach and Codi said...

Are you kidding?!?! You presence makes the pond even more beautiful! You are an absolutely adorable pregnant woman!!

becky said...

We are bananas about the Arboritum -- so beautiful and you can guess how Chris feels about the bonsai gardens. ;)

Valerie said...

Ok we were totally there on Monday also. We must have just missed you, we got there early afternoon. Next time we'll have to go together. We loved it too.

Lacy said...

When I was 8 months pregnant we went to lake powell. By the time we got there, my ankles were the size of grapfruit. Rob could not even look at them!
You are getting so close!! Are you getting nervous at all? I am so excited for you--you know to be awake at all hours of the night, not knowing why he is crying. There is nothing better!! You are going to be the best mom.

Eliza said...

I forgot to tell you, I am a fan of your new widget that tells how many days you have left...no freaky fetus picture, and we still get the info! ;) Plus the silhouette is cute.

The Pixton Family said...

O love bonsai trees- I'm planning on making it a hobby someday! You look fantastic! Post some nursery photos.

Justin and Lindsey Neumann said...

You two are always going on such fun little adventures! I love it. It gives Justin and I fun ideas.

Ash said...

Jess you look so dang cute in your picture. I am loving you more and more. That pond is beautiful. 4 weeks wow. Jess I am so excited for you. I love ya.

Susan Fussell said...

I love the Arboretum, too. The pillars are the best part. It's even beatiful in the winter. Here are some pictures from a class my mom and I took there a couple of years ago - http://www.susanfussell.com/2003-12-06-wreaths (check out the bonsai with the snow on it)

They have some very fun activities there, too - evening hikes, etc. I say put Baby Sterling into the Bjorn and explore with him!