A few months ago, I committed to go camping with Sterling and some of our friends. I knew it would be a bit risky, being so far along and all, but didn't want to miss out! Eliza is due just a week after me, and we took comfort in the fact that Dave (who is doing his residency right now) was coming. Nice to travel with a doc!
The forecast predicted rain all weekend, so we weren't quite sure how it was going to turn out. We finally booked little cabins last minute and went for it. We had the best time. It was so fun to get out of the city and get together with friends.
These guys are Sterling's good friends from high school/college. When I first met Sterling while living in the BC apts., he was roomates with Dave, Taylor, and Matt (Dave's wife Mel was also in our ward). It is fun to get together with these guys and hear all they stories. They all married such great girls who I love to hang out with.
Saturday morning the boys put on a killer breakfast of bacon, eggs, hash browns, fruit, yummy bread, and let's just say I'm still full!!!
The cabins sat right on this great lake in Pennsylvannia , it was beautiful. I didn't partake in any swimming but it looked like a lot of fun! Sterling and his friends played "man games"...it was hilarious!
500 flies anyone?? The boys were getting ready for the BYU game, which we got in the cabins. We couldn't even get phone service up there, but of course they had cable! I wish I had a picture of the boys sitting around watching the game on the world's smallest TV. They had no complaints!
The rain held off long enough on Saturday so that we could still have a campfire. We ate lots of smores and roasted starburts!!(thanks AnnDee)
Sort of a frightening picture but the smores really were that good!!! All the little kids loved the smores and so did baby Sterling! (He kicked like crazy that night:)Thanks to Dave and Mel for planning this fun camping trip! We had such a great time seeing everyone!!
Sunday, September 14, 2008
CAMPING TRIP!
Posted by
Jessica F.
at
5:41 PM
Labels: Friends, Time to Take a Trip, Vacation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Mmmmmmmmmm! Roasted starbursts? YUM!
And how is it possible that you still look SO HOT pregnant? You defy logic!
xoxo
you are a brave woman! I'm jealous of your incredibly fun life close to everything.
ah, camping. aren't you so sad that we didn't sleep in tents?? you could have heard theo screaming so much better if we had.
love the s'more pic of you and sterling. you kids are such hams...
Jess, I am so excited for your new little baby that is coming. You are going to be such a fun mom. We miss you. Cor
You are one tough chic!
Sounds like you guys had a BLAST, not to mention the Cougars R.O.C.K!
Jess- I love the pics and I just did my post and realized it is pretty similar to yours! We had a blast and I'm so glad it all worked out- it was fun to be your roommates for a couple of nights:)
You guys are gonna be the funnest parents!
Seriously, you look Fabulous... Take the twins comments as jealousy that they aren't going to be holding a sweet little newborn in just days!! Honestly, I was telling Taylor how cute both you and Eliza were after the camping trip. BTW -- The camping trip was so great. I was super impressed you and Eliza were up for it. It's so fun to see Taylor with his buddies -- and to tell the truth I had a lot more fun than I expected they are all VERY intertaining. The cabins were a great idea and the weather was perfectly cool for all the prego women! I can't imagine having more fun with any other group!!
Good luck these last few days/weeks (hopefully days). Can't wait to see pictures of the little guy(s) - aren't you having twins??? JK! :) All the pregnancy and pain will be worth it when he smiles at you -- I PROMISE!
PS -- make some more cinamon rolls -- those looked awesome!! And you only have a few more days to not feel guilty about it.
I can imagine your camping trip through those pictures…. It was lovely.
Post a Comment