Our friends Matt and Eliza has us over for Thanksgiving yesterday. We went to their house last year as well and love the tradition we have started! We always enjoy getting together with friends...especially on holidays. They are our family away from family!
Sterling and Ida were born just three days apart. It will be great as they get a little older and can play together!!
I made rolls, a squash dish, and pies this year. The rolls were a hit, thanks to Sterling's orange frosting, the squash was a bust, and the only thing good about these pies was how they looked! The chocolate pecan one never set and the apple could have used more flavor...oh well. There's always next year!!!
Matt makes the best turkeys! He also does a fabulous job carving them!I thought I would show last year's turkey so you could see just how great his turkey's turn out! And, I think it's hilarious that we take a picture of Matt with the turkey...

We had to take a little family photo. It was so much fun to have little Sterling Henry around this year! If there is one thing we are truly thankful for, it is our sweet little boy. What a huge blessing he has been in our lives!
I thought I would put up last year's picture for a few reasons. First of all, I wore the exact same outfit. I like to call this my "holiday outfit". Although this year it was a bit more snug! Second, we look so lonely without out little man. And lastly, I am debating cutting my hair...what do you think???
We hope you all has a wonderful Thanksgiving as well!
Friday, November 28, 2008
Thanksgiving!!!
Posted by
Jessica F.
at
8:11 AM
Labels: Domestic Diva, Friends, Holidays
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
I found your blog through a series of blogs, but I am so glad I did. You and your little family are adorable. Baby boys are the very very best, and I should know 'cause I am on my third. It is always nice to see old friends and know life is good. Have a great holiday season. Devron
I liked both pies!! I thought they were very tasty. As were the squash and the rolls. And if it makes you feel better about the icing, today I was wishing I had some plain rolls to make a turkey sandwich with.
My dishes weren't quite up to my own standards either. The cranberry sauce was a little too spicy and the stuffing was way too dry. Next year I will actually measure stuff, I think.
Yay for Thanksgiving!!
Jessica- I think it is so cute that you gave your sweet baby the middle name Henry. That is my oldest boys middle name too and I love it. I think your hair always looks great no matter how you have it cut. You guys are so great, I love catching up on you every so often!
You should dye your hair black, cut it short and give it a tight perm so it looks like an afro- then we can be twins!
Cut it! I think it's adorable when it's shorter and a little funky (although, you always look adorable so maybe it doesn't matter THAT much). BUT, Sterling likes it shorter, right? And it might be easier for a new Mommy (although I personally have a HARDER time styling my hair when you give me one of your fabulous short cuts). Either way, you'll look GREAT! Speaking of hair, mine is so long wrong right now but I'm scared to see anyone else. Eeek!
Hey Jessica,
You did not mention it, but I read your blog so, you know, I saw it coming. Actually, though ... since I saw it coming, I have been thinking about it some and I have a little idea that might interest you (or might not and that's OK). If you get a chance, drop me an e-mail at candysusan at gmail dot com and I can run it by you. In the meantime,I will call Fred and get in there for a trim. Thanks!
Susan
those pies look amazing! Even if they didn't taste just right, they look very impressive! Way to go. And I'm loving the holiday outfit. I need to get one of those! Baby sterling is getting so big!
I love your "holiday outfit" and you are looking SMOKIN' hotttttt! Seriously. You're gorgeous.
And lucky for you, that means your hair looks incredible long AND short. Although I'm loving the bangs...
As for baby Sterling...oh man. What a cutie.
It looks like you had such a fun Thanksgiving with little Sterling! He is such a doll!
So, I never gave my two cents on your hair...your hair really always looks great. Personally I think short hair is much easier when you have a little nursing baby who likes to pull on things!
That said, I kind of want to grow my hair out now. It's been 1.5 years of short hair and I may be ready for a change. It depends on the day.
Also, re: the holiday outfit. Too funny. I need to put together a holiday outfit for myself too. And I am so impressed that you fit into it again. There's no way I'd fit into what I wore last Thanksgiving (I know, because I tried. :) I love the pockets and buttons on that sweater.
The food looked beautiful! And your hair is so gorgeous you could have it any length and you'll totally rock it. I loved how it looks in both pics!
Post a Comment