Thursday, April 16, 2009

MY MOMMA!

The hardest part about having visitors come to visit, is that at some point, they leave. My momma left today and it was pretty hard to see her go. We had the best time while she was here.

We went to Monticello (Thomas Jefferson's home). This is one of the places my mom has always wanted to see so it was fun to take her there.

The tulips were in full bloom at Monticello and we loved it!

We celebrated Easter while she was here. (Not sure why I am so casually dressed for Easter dinner but whatever!)
Sterling Henry and grandma all dressed up. He was obviously very excited to have her here. Check out that grin!

We went up the the temple grounds and walked around. I love taking people to the DC temple for the first time because it is so beautiful!


We went down to Gunston Hall (George Mason's home). It was a beautiful day this morning and we had a great time.

This is out the back of the house. These bushes are the same ones that he planted and have been groomed to the look same ever since!


This is us before we took grandma to the airport. If you look real close little Sterling Henry has real tears. He is going to be so sad when he realizes his fun grandma has left.

Thanks for coming mom! We had the best time and look forward to you coming out again!

6 comments:

Lacy said...

So fun that she was out there. Is there ever a time that Sterling is not smiling? Even the last pic that you say he is in tears...he looks like he is smiling!

Jessica said...

I love it when Mom's come to visit! I am glad you guys had such a good time.

becky said...

Your mom i so adorable! Looks like a super fun visit!!!

Dave and Corey Johnson said...

Mom's are the best. I am glad you had fun. I bet it was so hard for her to leave Sterling Henry, he is so stinking cute!

It's Been a Day! said...

you sure know how to show your guests a good time. i'm so jealous of all of your visitors. seriously jealous.

Dave and Mel said...

hey I was just checking out your blog and saw that we had the exact same post name- I promise i didn't copy you, but I do agree that it is sad to see mom's leave!