Sunday, January 24, 2010

BETTER THAN CHRISTMAS MORNING

You may or may not remember my post about Christmas morning and how little Sterling Henry threw up after opening his first gift. It sort of made the whole morning seem a little weird. We sort of recreated Christmas morning this morning only the reaction was AWESOME! It might have helped that the gift we got Sterling Henry was way cooler than the gifts Santa brought. (I guess we know him better!)

Ever since we went to train exhibit over the holidays Sterling Henry has been absolutely obsessed with trains. All he had was a three pack from Ikea and he LOVED them. He carried them everywhere and even slept holding at least one of them. We played with the idea of getting him a train set but felt like it was too close to Christmas and didn't want to SPOIL him.

I went to the temple yesterday morning and the boys stayed home and played. When I got home, Sterling asked me if I ever get bored of the toys we have and wondered if maybe I wanted to get something new to play with. How kind of him right?!? He wanted to make sure I didn't get bored playing with the little man all day. The next thing I knew, we were buying the coolest train set. Sterling had done lots of research and we decided to go with the Melissa and Doug set. It helped that it was on a killer sale. Anyway, we carried it out to the car and put it in the trunk and Sterling Henry threw a fit. Dad saved the day and put it on the seat next to him so he could touch the box the whole way home.

We got home late last night after hanging out with friends but set it up anyway. When he got up this morning it was the BEST! The reaction was everything I had hoped for and more. Here is a little video of how happy he is with his new choo choo!

*I will try the video again later. It is not working for now.


CHOO CHOO!


This picture is far and away my favorite. He looks so delighted in this picture. He has been this happy all day! I have to admit that this was the look I was hoping for on Christmas morning. Instead, we got it a month later.
Totally worth the wait!

7 comments:

Alisha Haight said...

His little lips look so cute saying "choo-choo" I can't believe you got that picture!!

Lyssa said...

I love his reaction, what a fun surprise!
Where did you get your train set? I have been looking for one like that for Josh.

Kara said...

Adorable! I'm so happy for Sterling Henry and his fabulous new toy. I love anything Melissa and Doug- very well made.
It just goes to show you... money CAN buy happiness:)

The Pixton Family said...

What is it about boys and trains? This is the perfect thing to keep Sterling busy while you focus on the new babe.

clarke fam said...

That is the cutest thing I have seen in a long time. Sterling is such a fun dad, and I can't even take the little cubs face!!

Gel said...

I love the pictures! He is so cute! That was worth waiting I'm sure. Your baby party looks like you had a lot of fun!

It's Been a Day! said...

i love that face! so darling. i hope you are pushing out a baby right now!! thinking of you