Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

We had the best Memorial Day weekend. We got to spend so much time together as a family. It is always nice to have dad home but so much more fun when we get him on Monday as well.

We started the weekend out right by sleeping in on Saturday morning(and Sunday, oh and Monday too). When we FINALLY all got up, we headed out to our favorite farm in Berryville to pick strawberries. We have been going to this same farm for 3 years now. We LOVE it!

Sterling Henry loved being pulled around in the wagon.


I tried to get Sterling Henry to hold Dellin for this picture but he was not interested in sharing the wagon.

It was super hot, so pulling this wagon around was quite a workout. Sterling Henry enjoyed every minute of it.

We were all worn out by the time the day was over. This is Dellin's new trick. He loves sleeping with a little blanker covering his eyes. (It kind of freaks us out.)

On Monday morning we headed out to Annapolis to meet up with some friends. There was a parade in the morning, that we caught the tail end of it.

The boys were matching outfits of course. My amazing friend Ann made these cute shirts for the boys. They say "big" and "little". They are adorable! Thanks Anne!!!

We ate at the yummiest seafood buffet. Dellin sat in a high chair for the first time.

Here we are with the Kimballs. The food was DELICIOUS!

Afterwards, we walked about the harbor and looked at all the boats.

My three boys!

I made this yummy strawberry jam last night with the strawberries we picked over the weekend. Nothing beats homemade jam.
We were able to spend so much time with good friends over the weekend. We love to pack our weekend full of lots of fun things.

The boys loved most just having dad around. I think that was my favorite part as well.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

You guys are always doing such fun things. I need to come out there and hang out with you.

Kara said...

Wow. I guess I'm pretty glad I didn't bring you a jar of homemade strawberry jam on Tuesday, which I was planning on doing but forgot. Yours looks delicious!

BIG and LITTLE shirts...Adorable. No other words.