I think it is safe to say that the 4th of July is one of the best holidays we have. I love it for so many reasons. My family had so many traditions on the 4th, and I really want my own little family to have some as well. When I was young I could always count on our cul-de-sac BBQ (which was always held in my yard), some sort of water fight, and going to my grandparents to watch the fireworks on their front lawn.
This year was a blast. We spent the entire day with friends. Being away from family, we really feel like we rely more on the great friends we have in the area.
We got up early and went to our ward breakfast which turned out to be a lot of fun. We went to a BBQ in the evening and stuffed ourselves with delicious food. We ended the evening by walking down to the Iwo Jima Memorial and watching the fireworks over the Potomac. There is something magical about fireworks! Little Sterling Henry enjoyed the show but sort of freaked out during the grand finale when everyone started clapping.
During the day we hung out and watched Sterling Henry pull himself up on things (with a little help). He is getting so big and strong!
The Iwo Jima Memorial was PACKED! We got there just minutes before the fireworks started and had great seats!!!
Sterling Henry loved watching the show with his dad.
Still loving it...
I am obsessed with this picture! I LOVE pictures with fireworks in the background and this is the first of many for our family! (plus, check out Little Man's face... ADORABLE!!)
I hope the 4th will be as memorable to my kids as it is to me!
Sunday, July 5, 2009
LET FREEDOM RING!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Little Sterling is so cute! I also love the 4th of July because of the many family traditions I had growing up. Because we live so close to my parents we tend to do what we have always done. When do you start making family traditions with your own family?
Little Sterling is the cutest thing ever. I wish that we could be out there with you guys.
So fun Jess!! I am so glad you have made Virginia a second home. We miss you!!
Wow. Sterling is such a brave baby not be scared by the fireworks. What a trooper. You picked the secret best spot in the city to watch the fireworks, by the way, because you get to see them over ALL the monuments / memorials. Nice!
what a fun day. i love the 4th. in theory, our 4th was going to be a very fun day. in reality, it stunk! glad to know some people were able to enjoy themselves!
I love DC on the 4th. We were there a long time ago, and I think they were my favorite fireworks ever.
I love the family picture at the end with the fireworks in the back. We tried to get one, but it didn't turn out so well:) We were at Iwo Jima too. I guess there were a lot of people there....:)
Can your baby get any cuter...seriously...the happiest baby ever.......going to bunco tonight....wish i had my commrad to go with me.......jill still gets mad at all the times you won
Wow--that last picture is amazing! So fun!
What a cute family picture!! I love firework pictures!
Post a Comment