Thursday, September 3, 2009

Family Reunion Time

We are officially back from our 5 weeks of vacation. We spent two weeks in Utah, one week in Idaho at McCall Lake, and 2 weeks in England. While in Utah and Idaho we went to both mine and Sterling's family reunions, visited with friends, ate at our favorite places, relaxed, took little Sterling swimming, and spent lots of time with our family who we love and miss so much!

My family reunion was at Sundance this year and we had a great time. My sister Jen did all the food and it was DELICIOUS!!! Every single person was there except my adorable husband, who had a good excuse.

Here is our family photo.

Sterling Henry has 19 cousins on my side of the family. There were 5 new grandkids born in the last year. I was really excited to meet little Abe and James who were both born this year. Little Sterling had a great time hanging out with all the cousins! Grandpa Hawkins is always a favorite with the grandkids.

One of the days we hiked Stewart Falls. The next day we went to Jordanelle. It was a lot of fun. Here is grandpa with little Sterling Henry and his new little cousin Abe.


When Sterling got into town, we headed up to McCall for a week of the lake. We do this every year with Sterling's family and I love it. We go to these beautiful gardens every year on Sunday.


Little Sterling Henry loved the water! Even though it is pretty cold he could not get enough of it.


On the drive home we stopped at Malad Gorge.


Sterling Henry is lucky enough to also had 17 cousins on the Fillmore side. There were 5 born this year also and they had a great time together. We got a picture with all the cousins except Samuel.


Here is Samuel and Sterling Henry. We shared a condo with Sam so these guys got to hang out a lot. Sam is 5 weeks younger than Sterling Henry. They are such little buds already!


Of course we hit up the Utah County Fair. It was pretty fun. Sterling Henry was really freaked out by the pigs/hogs. Let's be honest, they are pretty freaky!

The day before we left we got to go to little Hema's birthday party. It was at Backyard Advetures and a lot of fun. I don't have a picture with the birthday boy but here I am with my mom, Becky, Vela and Sterling Henry.
We had such a great time with our family and friends while we were there. We miss you all so much already.

We got home and left the next day to England. I will post those pictures soon so stay tuned!

2 comments:

The Downey Family said...

So fun Jess!! The picture of your entire family blows my mind!! I can"t believe how big your family has gotten it is amazing. I remember when there were just a handful of grandkids. I love it so much!! That is exactly what I want...I big family always coming home. IT was so good to see you!!

The Pixton Family said...

Glad you are back and can't wait to see the England pics!