Sterling's parents were here for graduation and we had such a great time. There are so many fun places to go around here so we went to check out some new ones.
Our first stop was Oatlands Plantation. This was a beautiful mansion home in Leesburg, built in 1804. It only had a few owners and then was turned over to the National Trust Society and was kept in great condition. The house itself was amazing, it is hard to imagine anyone today living in a house of that size much less 200 years ago!The ladies!
The gardens were in full bloom. They were getting ready for a big wedding, it was pretty amazing.
We stopped at the Ben Lomond Plantation, which was used as a hospital by the Confederates after the First Battle of Manassas. It was not open but the house was beautiful anyway.
On Friday we went to Woodlawn. This mansion was built for George Washington's nephew and his grand-daughter (through marriage), and just three miles from Mount Vernon. This place was UNBELIEVABLE!
The grounds were beautiful. We have been getting so much rain so everything is green as can be.
We then went down to Gunston Hall (George Mason's Home). Little Sterling spent all week in the Bjorn with his dad and had the time of his life! I am not sure who liked it more?!?
Of course we had to take Sterling's parents to Ray's Hell Burgers. Sterling LOVES this place and there is no question why... check out that burger! Our friends changed our lives by introducing us to this place!
Loving it.
David and Emma Jean both LOVED it!
We had the best time with Sterling's parents. Thank you so much for coming out. Little Sterling misses you also. I can tell he looks around wondering, " where did my fun grandparents go?"
Thank you for an amazing visit!
Thursday, May 21, 2009
VISITORS ARE THE BEST!!!!
Posted by
Jessica F.
at
12:10 PM
Labels: DC Sites, Family, Visitors Welcome, Yummy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
So fun, looks like you guys have took full advantage of Virginia and got to see alot of the neat sights.
Looks like fun! I loved Ray's- next time I'm out I'll try the $25 truffle burger!
We want to come and visit. Looks like so much fun.
i know i say this everytime but you seriously know how to show your guests a good time! and what a fun reason for them to come and visit! graduation. let me know of your plans.
I have never been to any of those places even Ray's. I'll have to put them on my list to do before we leave. We have less than a year left. Can you believe it?Little Sterling is getting so big. I have to meet this guy. Are you guys around this week. We should do a playdate. My email is valholt98@hotmail.com
Post a Comment