Tuesday, July 20, 2010

48 HOURS IN UTAH

I went to Utah over the weekend for just 48 hours. It was a long two days packed full of family time and I would do it again in a heartbeat!

The main reason I went was to attend the funeral of my grandfather. My grandfather was such a wonderful man. I feel truly lucky to not only know him but be related to him.

All my siblings were there and some of the spouses.

Some of my grandpas things.


The grave site.

21 Gun Salute.

My dad with his siblings. All 8 of them.

I finally got to meet my cousin Ashley's baby, Lincoln. Ashley and I are just a month apart and lived together before we got married. It is fun to have boys so close in age.

My BFF's showed up to the viewing. It was so nice of them to come. Thanks girls.

I finally got to meet my newest niece Cora. Isn't she the cutest??? I am so in love with this little girl. I wish she lived closer so I could snuggle her all the time.

Dellin liked her a lot. I love this picture of the two of them.

We stayed at the farm with my parents. It is always great to spend time with them. Dellin loves his grandparents and they love him too! My mom kept us well fed. Thank Mom and Dad.

I got lots of time with my sisters. I am always amazed at just how silly we are when we get together. I also had dinner at Brandi's house and saw Eclipse with Rindi. I love my sisters and SILs so much! Jake and Josh also stayed at the farm with us but no pictures of them. (They were to busy playing Super Mario Brothers!)

Dellin enjoying some more time with grandma.
He got lots of kissed while we were there. Sarah was really sweet with him!

Aunt Jen was happy to feed him his first taste of something contraband... frozen yogurt. He loved it and now really loves her. Jen and I flew out the same time so we hung out together!
The trip went by so fast but I am so happy that I got to go. Every minute I spend with my family is priceless. I will take it when I can get it!

6 comments:

It's Been a Day! said...

looks like a fun weekend - despite the reason you got together. but you know what us weeds say - put the FUN funeral!! that dellin looks like a very sweet boy.

Dave and Corey Johnson said...

Glad you were able to make it home for that, to honor your grandpa and see your family.

Eliza said...

lol...put the "fun" in funeral. That one had me chuckling.

I have to say that although it was a sad reason to go, I was also really happy for you that you had an excuse to go since you were lamenting not being able to be in Utah this summer.

We had the same feelings when Matt's grandma died a few years ago--we hadn't planned to go to Utah at all until Christmas, but at the last minute we had the opportunity to go to her funeral, which was very sad, but also a celebration of her life and a great chance to catch up with family. Family is the best.

Andrea Hatch said...

What adorable pictures!! You look so gorgeous and there's so many smiley pics of Dellin with all your friends and family.

The Pixton Family said...

Great post! I loved spending time with you and Dellin! Remind him with aunt loves him best!

Gel said...

Glad you got to go and spend time with your family. I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa.
I love the pictures of Sterling and his sharks!!They were huge! What a thrill....