We just got back from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, the BEST beach vacation EVER! Sterling's brother rented a house and invited us all down. (Thanks Eric!)
The beach was beautiful. The water was so warm, and it was shallow for a long ways out. Perfect for kids... and me.
We spent lots of time together. Dellin's face in this picture is PRICELESS!
Little Man ran around on the beach a LOT.
He chased lots of birds.
Sterling was in heaven with all the fishing he could handle. The boys went deep sea fishing one of the days. Needless to say, we have a freezer full of fish.
His little fish.
And his bigger fish. Serious bragging rights.
Sterling also worked in tons of fishing from the beach. And with all that fishing from the beach, he "needed" a casting net to catch his own baitfish from the surf. By the end of each day, he'd have his cooler full of fresh bait for the night's fishing.
I love this picture of my boys catching baitfish. Sterling Henry has no idea just h0w cool his dad is.
And every night Sterling was fishing with his nephews and brothers, using their fresh bait. Most of the time, they just caught little sharks. On the second to last night, they caught a bigger fish, cut it up as bait and used it to catch this baby. Impressed yet??? (Don't worry, they let it go when they were done taking their trophy pics.)


And when they weren't fishing, we were relaxing. It was a very relaxing week.
On Saturday we drove down to Charleston with Parley and spent the day there. We wanted to go out to Fort Sumter, but we barley missed the last boat. Here is a picture of it in the background.
Charleston is really charming. The waterfront was so cute. Super windy picture.
Fort Moultrie was closed, but we at least could walk around the outside.
We had a lot of fun driving around with this little guy in the back. And he is obsessed with dad's sunglasses. Such a cool Little Man.I give Myrtle Beach and the surrounding area 5 stars. I would go back in a heartbeat and plan on doing so in the future!
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
Myrtle Beach was AMAZING!
Posted by
Jessica F.
at
7:37 AM
Labels: Family Activities, Time to Take a Trip
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
what a great trip! we went to fort sumter in june. While it was really interesting to see it, it was SO hot. i can't imagine it in August. We have changed the phrase "hotter than hell" to "hotter than ft. sumter" because it seriously was so hot! but we also loved charleston. A fun little place to visit. Why couldn't we have been there at the same time?
I loved Charleston when I went there to visit Camie. I thought it was the coolest town. Glad you had so much fun.
looks amazing! I want to go next time!
I want to go!! Cute swimsuit. Missed you at the park today.
Look's amazing!
Post a Comment