Wednesday, February 18, 2009

WE LOVE VISITORS!!!

My good friend Penny came to visit for the weekend and we had the best time. We have been good friends with Penny since the good old days at the B.C. The B.C. was a magical apt. complex in Provo where Sterling and I met! Penny decided that Sterling and I just had to get married and we give most of the credit to her!
Sterling and I were friends for a couple years before my mission and there was always a little interest of both sides but not enough for anything to ever happen. Then, when I got back Penny reconnected us by tricking me into going to Sterling's rugby game. We kept on bumping into each other at her house and after a couple of years of dating a little, me being weird, Sterling telling me to call when I am "interested", Sterling getting a new girlfriend, me calling him to break them up, and three long months, it finally worked out! We were dating the next week! Penny was there through the whole thing.
She is such a fabulous friend! Anyone who knows her, loves her! She is very selfless in every way! We love you Penny and LOVED seeing you!
Little Sterling Henry just loved Penny. He couldn't get enough of her!

We went to Arlington cemetery while she was here.

It was pretty chilly the day we went!

And I had to post these beautiful roses Sterling gave me for Valentine's Day. He is too good to me!

7 comments:

Brandi said...

We want to visit too! It looks like so much fun.

Andrea Hatch said...

Penny was so cute, and now I have so much respect for her for hooking you and Sterling up. She must be a genius too.

brittani c. said...

Oh, the B.C...gotta love it. Yes, Penny deserves some of that credit! She looks fantastic...you guys look like you had a lot of fun.

Nate and Julie said...

I didn't know you guys met in the B.C! That's where Nate and I met. I've had several roommates meet their husbands there as well (I think the total is up to 4 at last count. It truly is magical...I tell everyone I know in Provo to move there and partake of the magic!

Katie said...

Love Penny and love the BC days. How fun to have a visit!

becky said...

Penny is a rockstar for hooking you up! I love that story.

And those pink roses are so beautiful and SO YOU! :)

It's Been a Day! said...

ahhh penny! i miss her. I'm so jealous and excited that you got to see her. I bet it was such a fun weekend to have her around.