Monday, February 1, 2010

Bringing home the bacon

We brought our new little cub home yesterday. He is a hit! We are now acclimating to life as a family of four. (Which is a lot easier with grandma here.)

Sterling gets to change him into his "going home" outfit. He is such a cute dad and does such a great job.

Here's our little snowball. He fits right in with all the snow we got on Saturday night.

Proud dad bringing his boy home.

The moment we had all been waiting for. Sterling Henry couldn't to come to the hospital because of the Great Swine Flu Outbreak of 2009. No kids under 18 were allowed so their first meeting was yesterday. We think it went rather well. Sterling Henry is not sure what to think about this kid. He doesn't seem threatened but he is in no hurry to get to know him either. This picture explains it all.

Sometimes we think he looks exactly like Sterling Henry and this shot is one of those times.
Last night went ok. The boys gave us a run for our money for a minute there but things quickly settled down. We LOVE having two boys in the house. Dellin is doing really well. He is eating like a champ. He is the SWEETEST little boy. We consider ourselves very blessed to have him home safe and healthy.

More to come...

17 comments:

shelby said...

He is beautiful! Congrats! Two little boys is so much fun!

It's Been a Day! said...

congrats jessica! he's SO darling. i'm so glad he is here and what a fun thing to have a newborn in the house. i hope you are all adjusting well and recovering and getting some sleep! looking forward to more pictures.

Dave and Corey Johnson said...

So excited for you Jess!

fillmore said...

These pictures are darling! Keep them coming it is the only way we get to know this new little man! : ) Hope you are feeling well Jess!

Ashley said...

He is so cute and I love his coming home outfit. Hopefully having two little boys goes well once your mom leaves.

The Pixton Family said...

The pic of Sterling looking down at Dellin is PRICELESS!!! so glad you got it on film.

Pink Caboose said...

Congrats Jessica! Glad all went well and that you are home. Enjoy those two sweet boys.

Melissa said...

Oh how I love adorable little newborns all bundled and binkied up and ready to go home. How darling!!! Congrats Jessica and fam! He's so dang cute, and I'm so excited for you guys!

Eliza said...

Keep the pictures coming!! Can't wait to meet him...

Ashley McNair said...

Congratulations! Dellin is so darling. We are thrilled for you guys! Love the newborn stage!

Alisha Haight said...

I love Sterling Henry looking and Dellin, and I can't believe you are a family of four now!! I always dreaded the day my mom left, but you will be great!!

Andrea Hatch said...

I can not believe how cute Dellin is. I LOVE the picture of Sterling just staring at him in his carseat. I can't wait to see them together!

The Crazy Clawson's said...

so so so so so handsome...i love it. i hope you are feeling well...talk to you soon

Ann said...

What an absolute darling. I'm so excited for you and will be calling for tips on 2 in the coming weeks/months.

Toronto's said...

Congrats!! He is adorable and perfect. You have two cute boys and your hands full, i am so excited for you guys. Good Job

Melissa said...

Congratulations!! He's adorable. Jessica, I think you broke some kind of new mother law by looking so good in your very first pictures with Dellin. You look FaBuLouS!!

Ash said...

Jess, Jess, Jess!! Congratulations!! I am so happy for you. Two darling little boys. Wow. Your already caught up to me! Your amazing! He is absolutely darling. Way to go Mom!! I can't wait to talk to you and see how everything is going. Sounds like he is a keeper! Love you! Nice work!!